The next label in the 4 To The Floor series is the respected Slip ‘N’ Slide which released seminal cuts from the likes of Blaze, MAW and Kings of Tomorrow.
4 To the Floor is a new imprint delving into the archives of classic house labels, digging for those lightbulb moments of musical discovery. The 4 To The Floor series comes correct with re-releases, brand new vinyl LP collections and digital albums from legendary house labels such as Soulfuric, Movin’ Records, Fourth Floor, Sub-Urban, Slip ‘n’ Slide and loads more, along with official label merch, for that full rack-raiding experience.
West London’s Slip ‘n’ Slide was one of the UK’s original house imprints. Starting in 1994 with early releases and remixes from artists such as Blaze, Deep Dish, X-Press 2, King Britt, Masters At Work, Kings Of Tomorrow and Restless Soul, it set the benchmark for house music in the UK and gave a platform to artists who then went on to become all-time greats. ‘4 To The Floor presents Slip ‘n’ Slide’ revisits some of its standout releases, gleefully wading through the entire musical history of the label, blowing the dust off those albums and singles that deserve another lease of life, and a place in your classic house collection. Opening tracks Blaze’s ‘My Beat’ and King Britt’s ‘Supernatural’ are arguably the most successful marriages of poetry and house music in the genre’s canon. Meanwhile, early productions by US heavyweights Deep Dish and Kings Of Tomorrow signpost their immense talents, and their inspiration can be traced through the work of Solid Groove, aka Switch, who contributes six dubby yet jackin’ tracks and remixes.
‘4 To The Floor presents Slip ‘n’ Slide’ is part of the 4 To The Floor series, lovingly selected and compiled by Luke Solomon. 4 To The Floor also delves into the Movin’ Records, Fourth Floor, Faya Combo, Soulfuric and Slip ‘n’ Slide catalogues, digging for those lightbulb moments of musical discovery. Fulfilling his role as your friendly record shop assistant, Luke’s 4 To The Floor series comes correct with brand new vinyl LP collections and digital albums from these now legendary house labels, plus official label merch to accompany all of the releases, for that full rack-raiding experience.
1. Blaze featuring Palmer Brown ‘My Beat’
2. King Britt presents Firefly featuring Ursula Rucker ‘Supernatural’ (Original Mix)
3. Solid Groove ‘Straight Jackin’
4. Deep Dish present DC Deepressed ‘Come Back’ (Viper Room Dub)
5. LZ Love ‘See The Light’ (Big Foot)
6. Solid Groove ‘Won’t Stop’
7. Kings Of Tomorrow ‘Open Your Mind’ (K.O.T. Original Mix)
8. House Of Jazz featuring Jolynn Murray ‘How Can I Get You Back’ (Djaimin’s Tortuga Dub Mix Part 1)
9. C-Dock featuring David Wells ‘Traffic Jam’ (C-Dock Dub)
10. Blaze featuring Palmer Brown ‘My Beat’ (Solid Groove Remix)
11. Blaze ‘Cult Of Soul’
12. Alexander Hope ‘Never Can Get Away’ (Klubhead Vocal)
13. Djaimin ‘Open The Door’ (DJ Shorty’s Zanzibar Stomper Mix)
14. Blaze ‘Wishing You Were Here’ (Joey Negro Dub)
15. King Britt presents Firefly featuring Ursula Rucker ‘Supernatural’ (Derrick Carter B.H.Q. Club Mix)
16. Roz White ‘A Little More Love’
17. Interaction featuring Michelle Weeks ‘Show Em How It Works’ (Sensible House NY Mix)
18. Kings Of Tomorrow ‘K.O.T. Anthem’
19. Mijan ‘Alright’ (Solid Groove Vocal Dub)
20. Ray Roc featuring DC ‘Whisper’ (Fire Island Nu Daze Of Disco Edit)
21. Midnight Express featuring Sabrina Johnston ‘Hallelujah’ (Solid Groove Dub)
22. Loosse featuring Yolanda Reynolds ‘About You’ (Loosse Vocal Club)
23. Kings of Tomorrow featuring Michelle Weeks ’10 Minute High’ (Dub High)
24. NYC Live & Direct ‘Move Like This’ (Chronicles Mix)
25. Power In The Groove featuring Kemeisha Holmes ‘It’s Automatic’ (Solid Groove Dub Mix)